A while ago, I bought the Eclectic Layers Thinlits dies by Stampin’ Up. Actually, I really only wanted one of the dies from the set. The diamond pattern spoke to me and it seemed so versatile that after lots of toing and froing I decided to do it any way. Eventually I convinced myseld that I could very well use the other dies in the set by layering them on top of one another. You see, I didn’t have any more in my budget to purchase the matching stampset. Now I was ready to see what I could make with just the dies. It cost quite some time. Especially glueing all the individual diamonds but I am so proud of this card.
The first step was cutting a piece of Whisper White cardstock in two and cutting one of the halves in two again. Next I used the ink smooching techniquw to apply some colour to one of the quater panels. To do this technique you apply different colours of ink to your Craftmat. I choose to work with Distress Oxides in Cracked Pistachio, Broken China, Seedless Preserves and Iced Spruce. Then you spray some water over the ink until you see drops forming on your Craftmat and then you press your paper into the ink. The ink will mix in to eachother and you can repeat the process multiple times until you are happy with the results. It has an interesting and organic look. Next I cut the diamond pattern from part of the coloured background as well as from the other quarter white panel. Using foamblocks which were 1, 2 and 3mm thick, I attached the coloured diamonds to the white card next to the diecut background.The further to the right, the thicker the foamblocks. I attached the white panel to the coloured background using foamtape. Next I cut the different flower and foliage dies from Whisper White cardstock. I coloured the die cuts using sponge daubers and again with the Oxides in Seedless Preserves, Cracked Pistachio, Wilted Violet, Iced Spruce, Peeled Paint, Broken China, Picked Raspberry and Worn Lipstick. I glued together the layers of the flowers and began to play with the layout. When I was happy, I glued it all in place with Tombow Multi Mono Liquid glue and with foamblocks. To give it a bit extra, I attached the panel to a scrap panel of pink cardstock and attached that to a scrap piece of Coastal Cabanna cardstock by Stampin’ Up, before attaching the whole thing to a cardbase from Made by ME. To finish it of, I decided to add some sequins from the Neat & Tangles Spring Sequin Mix. I tried to use the same colour sequin as the colour it would be attached to.
The differences in height and depth keep giving this card something new to look at. I’m very pleased with it. Hopefully my friend, who received this for her birthday, was so too.
See you next time,
Leave a Reply